Imago Relationship Therapist
Melissa has practiced therapy throughout the Northern Beaches of Sydney, for over 12 years. After a move to the South Coast of NSW, she has now set up a practice in Ulladulla. Melissa has become a leading Imago Relationship Specialist and coaches couples to transform and heal their relationships.
She has worked extensively with families, couples and individuals experiencing relationship challenges such as separation, divorce, single parenting and re-partnering. She also has experience supporting survivors of domestic abuse and trauma.
Melissa's therapeutic technique is wholistic; via a body, mind and spirit approach. She believes that personal growth is closely connected to physical, emotional, spiritual and mental health. Therefore, the therapeutic process helps us to understand how to achieve balance in these areas. Melissa teaches her clients how the life journey can be one of personal growth, understanding and renewal. She firmly believes that intimate relationships can actually be powerful sources of healing and renewal for individuals. And therefore, aims to assist couples in boosting the therapeutic effects of their relationship.
Melissa will enable you to create a sense of safety in your relationship, by lessening the painful interactions and increasing the pleasurable ones. And teach you the skills to transform your conflicts into opportunities for healing, stability and growth.
Ultimately Melissa's goal is to facilitate couples to define and nurture the loving relationship they truly want.
- Counsellor and Family Therapist
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
- Clinical Membership of The Imago Relationships International Organisation (IRI)
- Clinical Membership of the Association for Imago Relationship Therapists of Australia (AIRTA)
- Currently serving on the Board as Secretary and Membership Officer for AIRTA
- Full Clinical Membership of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)
- PACFA registration number 22752