Imago Relationship Therapist
Melissa has been in practice for over 15 years, firstly throughout the Northern Beaches of Sydney and now on the South Coast of NSW in Milton, just north of Ulladulla. Melissa sees both regional and interstate clients in person and also via Zoom, a medium which has increased over the last 18 months, due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Melissa has become a leading Imago Relationship Specialist and coaches couples to transform and heal their relationships. She has worked extensively with families, couples and individuals experiencing relationship challenges such as separation, divorce, single parenting and re-partnering and has experience supporting survivors of domestic abuse and trauma.
Melissa's therapeutic technique is wholistic; via a body, mind and spirit approach. She believes that personal growth is closely connected to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. Therefore, the therapeutic process helps us to understand how to achieve balance in these areas. Melissa teaches her clients how the life journey can be one of personal growth, understanding and renewal. She firmly believes that intimate relationships can actually be powerful sources of healing and renewal for individuals and therefore, aims to assist couples in boosting the therapeutic effects of their relationship.
Melissa facilitates and enables individuals and couples to create a sense of safety in their relationships, by lessening the painful interactions and increasing the pleasurable ones. And teaches skills and provides tools, to transform conflicts into opportunities for healing, stability and growth.
Ultimately, her goal is to facilitate couples to define and nurture the loving relationship they truly want.
- Counsellor and Family Therapist
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
- Advanced Clinician of Imago Relationship Therapy
- Consultant/Supervisor of Imago Clinical trainees and practitioners
- Access EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Associate - Counselling service provider
- Clinical Membership of The Imago Relationships International Organisation (IRI)
- Clinical Membership of the Association for Imago Relationship Therapists of Australia (AIRTA)
- Full Clinical Membership of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)
- PACFA registration number 22752